Members in the News
On August 1, 2012, NASL Executive Vice President Cynthia Morton joined a group of national experts from government and leading healthcare organizations in addressing a Capitol Hill briefing entitled Healthcare Technologies: Ensuring Successful Transitions Among Hospitals, Home Care and Long Term Care.
As part of a series of educational sessons on behalf of the Capitol Hill Steering Committee on Telehealth and Heathcare Informatics, Cynthia and fellow presenters:
* Neal Neuberger, CISSP, Executive Director, Institute for eHealth Policy, HIMSS Foundation;
* Larry Garber, MD, Medical Director for Informatics, Reliant Medical Group (representing Home Care Technology Association);
* Janhavi Kirtane, Director of Clinical Transformation, Beacon Ommunity Program Office of the National Coordinator for HIT, DHHS;
* Deb Mikell, Vice President Strategic Sales, Home Healthcare Solutions, Philips Healthcare; and
* special guest speaker U.S. Representative Diane Black (TN-6th)
discussed the ways in which technology is changing the way patients interact with the healthcare system, leading to increased efficienty and better access to quality care across provider settings.
This program was presented through a partnership between the Institute for eHealth Policy, the Home Care Technology Association and NASL.
Presenters, L to R: Larry Garber, Deb Mikell, Cynthia Morton,
Janhavi Kirtane, and Neal Neuberger.